Making holiday


Crimson drops waistcoat wrap
Originally uploaded by MadeleineS.

Not a holiday from making but a holiday from the day job for the purpose of making stuff. I have the rare luxury of 6 consecutive days in the studio.

The plan was to make a few fairly big pieces and a collection of smaller related scarves. The first of the big pieces is in the picture. It was a joy to be able to work on it over several days without 5 days of office work intervening somewhere. There's another waistcoat waiting for me to finish it when I get in today.

So far I'm really pleased with the way this week is going. Making is, however, the easy bit of getting a second income from my work. The hard part comes in December when I try to sell stuff. The current target is to break even - i.e. cover the costs of materials, having a studio and taking part in fairs and open days. If it looks likely this year then I might have a proper, part-time business next year!

Via Flickr:
pre-felt and roving in merino wool, Needs a fastening of some sort - am thinking of a matching shawl pin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Needled whirls and waves in sea of kid mohair and silk

High Jinks and Hidden Gems

How to get your hands on Knot Unknot stuff this Christmas season!