Plum & Pepper Christmas Outings



In spite of trying to take it easy this year I have very full December so you lucky people can see (and even buy!) my work.

First up is the geekiest project so far - knitted mathematical Christmas decorations for a charity tree in a science fiction bookshop! Transreal Fiction asked me to help out with their Decorate Edinburgh contribution and and you can see the resulting Fibonacci series of baubles and garlands in the shop at 46 Candlemaker Row until the end of the month. This knitted stellated dodecahedron is on top of Transreal Fiction's Christmas tree. (Want to make one too? the pattern is here and it's free www.berroco.com/patterns/celestine)

Next up is the Craft Reactor Winter Exhibition, 3 December to 7 January in Hula Juice Bar and Cafe 103 West Bow Edinburgh. I'll be taking part with lots of my crafty chums. Pop in for a look and some coffee and cake!

Coburg House Open Studios is next. Come and see what everyone's been up to since August. We're open at 15 Coburg Street, Leith 11am-6pm Sat 7 December and Sun 8 December.

Botanica Mathematica is the subject of a public lecture at the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences. Julia Collins and I will be talking about this maths/texitles/botany mashup and you can see the installation afterwards over wine and mince pies. 6pm on 10 December at 15 South College Street. Book your free ticket here.

The following weekend I'll be taking part in two markets:
  • The Arts Market is on 14 December at Out of the Blue in Dalmeny Street, Leith. Craft Reactor will also have a stall and there'll be loads more besides us!
  • The Summerhall Christmas Market is the last event in my calendar. I'm really happy to have a stall here - the line up looks great! It's on Sunday 15 December 11am-7pm at Summerhall, by the Meadows in Newington, Edinburgh.
Once that lot's over I'll be needing my Christmas hols, but don't forget that you can always see some of my work in The Stick Factory Gallery, 69b Mayfield Road Edinburgh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Needled whirls and waves in sea of kid mohair and silk

High Jinks and Hidden Gems

How to get your hands on Knot Unknot stuff this Christmas season!